Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Prada, Christian Dior, Versace, Emporio Armani, Jimmy Choo, Ralph Lauren – brands that women and probably even men from all around the globe covet and swoon over. If and when any of us get a chance to enter one of these stores, there are certain things to keep in mind. We have got to maintain certain etiquettes. These stores are going to be filled with all things elite, in terms of the merchandise that are being sold as well as the ones buying and selling it. Thus, here are some codes of conduct that one may have to keep in mind while visiting these stores.
- Most stores have signage forbidding food or drink in the store. However, you should still adhere to this rule even if a store doesn’t have such a sign. You wouldn’t want to leave a stain on expensive merchandise and then have to dry clean it, would you? Thus, better to avoid food and drinks in expensive stores.
- Wait patiently for the dressing room cues. You cannot try on clothes outside while in a hurry. This is not Forever 21 or Westside. It is a luxury franchise. Be patient as even the items involved are all mighty expensive.
- Do not take your pets in unless you have special permission to do so. Your furry friends might tear or bite onto expensive merchandise, avoid that.
- Do not have loud phone conversations inside the store, it is really not decorum.
- Not sure who Ann Demeulemeester or Hanae Mori is and why their items are so expensive? Ask the store-owner about the designer and their background — it’s a much nicer and less embarrassing than scoffing loudly at the price.
- Treat the sales staff with respect and kindness.
- Ensure that your children behave. They should not be touching or meddling with items in the store.
- Last but not the least, dress appropriately. You do not have to wear very high-end clothing, but ensure that your dressing is appropriate and accurate.
Keep these few essential, simple points in mind and make your shopping experience worth while. Not every day that you would get to go to a luxury store!